Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Meeting Shoe God Christian Louboutin

If you know anything about me, you'll know that I have a love of (read: obsession with) shoes. See evidence below.

Shoe Racks #1, 2, & 3

Shoe Racks #4 & 5

Shoe Rack #6

So when I heard that the designer of the beautiful red-soled pieces of art was going to be making an appearance at Holt Renfrew in Toronto on June 21st, I knew I had to be there.


Monsieur Louboutin was due to sign new purchases from 4-6pm and I arrived at 2:30 just to be sure I had enough time to purchase my shoes and get in line. There were tons of people in line already and more on the shoe floor trying on shoes.


For a woman with a moderate sales exec income, I didn't think I would be able to afford a pair of these shoes until much later in life when I was closer to being a millionaire. But, since I had the chance to meet the designer himself I thought, what the hell! I gave myself a budget of $1,000 to avoid going into unnecessary debt and hoped I could still find a pair of shoes that I loved.

I decided on the Taclou pump, which came in just $13 over budget! I decided on these because they were plain black and could go with any outfit, but had an awesome spiked heel.

 


 Monsieur Louboutin arrived just after 4:15pm with two assistants and started signing right away. 


He took his time with every person, carefully signing each piece and filling in the empty holes within each letter with a colour.


When it was finally my turn at around 6:30pm, I gave my purse and shopping bag to my designated purse holder and approached the table holding only my brand new Taclou pump (apparently he only signs the right shoe). 


Monsieur asked me my name, shook my hand, and then complimented me on my outfit. I nearly died. 




With the man himself!

My most prized possession

I know $1,000 is a lot to spend on one pair of shoes, but I think every girl should own a pair of gorgeous red soled shoes. Just don't tell my mom...she would kill me. 

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment